Wednesday, February 8, 2012

They is us!

For the last few years I've been looking for a "signature" necklace. I've thought about getting my name necklace and that was just too 5 years ago. I thought about getting a J, but never found the right one. I've looked and looked and nothing jumped out at me - till today.  Because today I found this...
        
It's the Tree Of Life by Rich Rocks.  RichRocks donates 25% of the sale of each 'Tree of Life' necklace to City of Hope's pancreatic cancer research and treatment program till May 2012. Be still my beating heart- this is PERFECT! 

They designed this exclusive necklace to be a symbol of encouragement, strength and protection. Love it!! (said in sing voice style)

 To me it means this:

Jeremiah 17:8 
They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
and they never stop producing fruit. 

"They" is US!   Hahahahaha!!
I am determined to be a tree not bothered by this intense heat that beats down on us but to flourish and thrive in the midst of it all. To absorb the rays and all that lies within those rays to help us grow stronger and brighter and more beautiful. Why? Because we can! Why? Because we choose happiness! Why? Because to do anything else would be giving into defeat and that is just not our style!

Another one I love is this... 
Proverbs 15:4 
The soothing tongue is a tree of life.
I love this because it reminds me that with my words I can soothe and comfort my family through the tough times.

And lastly...
Proverbs 13:12
Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life. 

This necklace is a symbol that soon a dream will be fulfilled and that hope is here- present tense!

See!! How perfect it is?! And not to mention it's adorably whimsical too! I bought one for me and one for Tasia too! It's not easy to find something to make her feel special over when it comes to HP - this is a little sparkle in the midst of it all.
So if you have a friend or family member who deals with pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer, go to www.richrocksnyc.com and get one!



Loves and Happiness,
Jillian